segunda-feira, 16 de novembro de 2009

Treepeople: Andy Lipkis has sent us mail!




Dear Professor Serraninho and Students at Escola Secundaria c/3 ciclo de Diogo de Gouveia--Beja, Portugal,

I was wonderful to receive your letters via my friends Gilbert and Shirley Saint-Leon. They have known me and my parents since I was 8 or 9 years old.

I am so happy that you are studying ecology and the environment at your school. I wish that schools here in the United States were all doing that as well. I have spoken with some of the people in your government, especially concerning the terrible fires that seem to come every late summer/early autumn season both in Portugal and in Northern California. But I did not know that I and my Tree/People Organization were covered in your text book.

I have learned that next March Portugal is hoping to have a million volunteers working in your forests in an efforts to clean out old trees and plant new young trees to replace them. Perhaps you and your school mates will be taking part in this effort. It is the only way to prevent the forest from burning up.

The email for us is Treepeople.org, and our BLOG is attached.

Again, I want to thank each of you for writing to me. It made me very happy.

ANDY LIPKIS (President of TreePeople)

Sem comentários: